We are just ordinary folks with this dream and limited resources. We welcome any support you can provide. Here is a list of things we think will be needing: (our wish list)
- tires – total of six, 30×3.5 (current ones are dry rotted)
- wheels – two spare 12 spoke wood wheels, (for a 30×3.5 inch tire)
- spare parts – any spare Maxwell parts you might not need
Rebuild motor – we have original motor in the shop now
- Rebuild spare motor – we have a second motor / transmission
paint services – we need a painter to repaint the Maxwell blackwe found a painter
- Upholstery – we need to repair the top that we have already
- Help securing sponsors – Firestone, Texaco, Klaxon, Weed Chains. Economy Auto Parts of Newark, NJ. Maybe you know someone that can help
- tech support – you might have some experience with the Maxwell or cars in this vintage. Can we call you if we have a problem or need advice. Give us your number.
- meals – maybe you can cook us a meal as we pass through your town
- references – you might know someone that can help with expenses like maybe Donald Trump or Bill Gates?
- cheerleaders – outfits are not necessary
- picture / video – can you capture video as we pass through your town
- directions – in case we get lost
One thought on “Our needs”
I have a running; almost driving, 1917 maxwell touring car. It is titled as 1916 but hasthe gas gauge to the left of steering wheel.
Had tried to contact you before this as i was planning to letter the car as a replica of the one that made the trip. I have now accumulated some maxwell knowledge and also a few spare parts such as magneto, clutch, c arburetor. would be happy to help you with your trip. Just hope you are ok with mine being more or less a clone of yours. I will also try to help promote your trip and maybe do a small sponsorship. Very cool thing to do.
I am located on route 40 in springfield Ohio.
email me back if you can. [email protected]