As I learn more I forget more… I am already forgetting how I did something on the website. I suppose repetition is good, at least for me. There are menus and menus within widgets, hummm this is going to get confusing. ha ha
Okay, today it was play with menu content, adding images to widgets, and just shuffling content around.
Learned a couple simple html formats for images and hyper-links.
Today I explored animated gif files from many free gifs available on the web. I place one on the welcome page.
Also learned about creating and updating a gallery of photos. There are slide show plugins if we want to have a slide show of cartoons.
Starting experimenting with more categories for posting and using widgets in the side bars
I have found these actions to be very helpful in planning for retirement:
- first create an emergency fund, start small and work up to 3 months of living expenses
- take something out of every paycheck and put it in a different account (perhaps a vacation fund)
- take 1/2 of any raise or “found money” and put it into an investment account
- create a budget and track it so you know where your money is spent
- don’t use credit cards if you can not stay to a budget (only use cash, when you are out of cash, you can’t have it)
- diversify your investments (don’t put all eggs in one basket)
- spend money socially (with friends and family)
Okay, so today I started experimenting with new content. I did the following:
- added some static pages for the different bug pages, taking some cartoons from bughouze
- created the left side navigation bar which includes a page for ordering merchandise (work in progress).
- put a website news page on the left side navigation and created my first post