The brakes were all removed without much trouble. It was easy to work on the wheels with no quarter panel in the way. I then removed the gas tank. Only tricky part there was those dang fuel line connectors. I wish I had a tool to remove them but did it with a couple of small screw drivers. Whew!
The rear axle was removed next. The 18 mm nuts on the upper and lower control arms were a bear to break free. Had to use an extra pipe on my wrench to get the leverage I needed. It might have been easier if the car was on a lift but it was too late for that. Well after closely following the manual I was confident I got all the parts I needed and some extras. So we loaded what was left of the car and sold it to a local junk yard.